Contest from November 20, 2019, to January 31, 2020
Writing Contest – Night of Inspiration
From November 20, 2019, to January 31, 2020, children, teens and adults are invited to take part in the Night of Inspiration writing contest organized by the Stewart Museum.
Draw inspiration from the night and the Museum’s historical objects to write a fictional story. A beautiful opportunity to experience the same creative process as authors Simon Boulerice, Dominique Demers, Eric Dupont and Heather O’Neill for the Nights exhibition while getting a chance to win fabulous prizes.
OVER $500 IN PRIZES TO WIN!
In addition to being exhibited at the Stewart Museum, the winner of each categories will be awarded:
- $250 gift card at Renaud-Bray
- A VIP pass for the Salon du livre de Montréal – Edition 2020
- Books offered by Gallimard
- A McCord Museum Membership with unlimited access to the Stewart Museum
The contest in 4 steps
- Find inspiration by visiting the exhibition Nights and check out the toolkit.
- At your computers, get set, write! Choose one of the four “night” themes and the associated artefact and get inspired by those elements to write a short story of 300 to 600 words. Themes and artefacts are in in the toolkit.
- Send your text in a Word or PDF file at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2020. Please specify your first name, last name, city of residence and age.
- A jury of culture and literature experts will select three finalists and one winner per category. The stories will be judged in three categories: children (8 to 12), teens (13 to 17) and adults (18 and over).
Finalists and their friends and families will be invited to the Stewart Museum to attend the unveilling of the Grand Prize Winner in March 2020.
For all the details of the participation parameters, click here.
BE AN INSIDER
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now!
For the low season, we are open from Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., unless otherwise stated.For complete schedule