COVID-19 preventive measures
Measures to ensure everyone’s safety
In accordance with the recommendations issued by the CNESST (Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité au travail), the Stewart Museum has implemented the following measures to ensure the safety of visitors and employees.
- We strongly recommend you reserve your visit to the Museum by purchasing tickets online.
- A limited number of visitors are being admitted at the same time to ensure that the required distancing is maintained.
In addition, visitors must follow the designated one-way route through the galleries.
- Plexiglas barriers have been installed at the Admission Desk and in the Boutique.
- Hand sanitizing is mandatory at Museum entrances and exits. Disinfecting stations are also available at the entrances and exits of exhibition halls.
- Face coverings are mandatory for employees who work with the public, and for visitors.
- Public spaces, common surfaces and electronic equipment are now cleaned more frequently.
- To avoid contact with electronic devices in the exhibition halls, visitors can use their cell phones to access a microsite containing all the information and images previously accessible on touch screens.
- Employees at the Admission Desk and Boutique, as well as mediators, have received training to familiarize themselves with protective measures so they can better guide visitors.
These measures will be adjusted as the situation evolves and in accordance with the guide to health standards for museum institutions developed by public health authorities and the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail.
The outdoor tour Behind the Walls: The History of the Fort on St. Helen’s Island is also available, upon reservation, for visitors with an admission ticket to the Museum.
For families, the participatory space, The Story Factory, will reopen for the construction holiday.
*Please note that the interactive model in the exhibition History and Memory is temporarily closed. Back in fall 2020.
We look forward to seeing you at the Museum!
Consult this guide to prepare for your visit
Let's keep in touch!
You want to share with us any suggestions or comments?Write to us!
BE AN INSIDER
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now!