Plan your visit
The visitor’s guide
Before your visit to the Museum
Learn about preventive measures put in place by the Museum against COVID-19. Please do not visit the Museum if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
Use the online ticketing system to purchase admission to the Museum and select the date and time of your visit.
Prepare your headphones and cell phone
Have your headphones ready and charge your cell phone battery!
- Content from the exhibition Nights is now available on our new microsite for mobile devices.
Access the link through your cell phone or tablet: expositions.musee-stewart.org
- The password will be provided when you arrive at the Museum.
- This new platform gives you access to multimedia content that was previously available on shared devices in the exhibition hall.
Make sure you can read the QR codes with your mobile device.
They’re a practical tool for an optimal experience.
- iPhone? Normally, your cell phone is already configured to read them with your camera.
Android? If your cell phone isn’t already configured, you can download one of the following applications: Kaspersky, NeoReader, Bar-Code reader.
- Do a test to be sure!
During your visit to the Museum
Be sure you arrive at the time indicated on your ticket. The Museum cannot guarantee access to latecomers.
For everyone’s safety, please follow these instructions:
- Wash your hands at the sanitation stations located at the entrance and exit of the Museum as well as the entrances and exits of the exhibition halls.
- Keep two metres away from other visitors and Museum staff at all times.
- Wear a face covering (highly recommended).
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
Traffic directions in the Museum
- Follow the directions on the floor and posted on the walls.
- Take the elevator to go up and the stairs to go down.
Visitors with reduced mobility and those with young children may use the elevator to go up or down.
- Start your visit to the Museum with the permanent exhibition History and Memory, and move on to the exhibition Nights. It is possible to visit only the exhibition Nights.
Directory: Exhibitions and visitor services
- Level 3: Visit 1 – Exhibition History and Memory / Visit 2 – Exhibition Nights / Access to the Belvedere
- Level 2: Access temporarily closed
- Level 1: Boutique / Admission / Washrooms / Exit
Traffic directions in the exhibition hall
- There is no pre-established route in the exhibition halls. However, you must keep two metres away from other visitors and Museum staff.
- You must complete the visit to leave the hall. Turning back is prohibited.
- Access content about the Nights exhibition through your cell phone!
The microsite in three easy steps:
- Click on the link expositions.musee-stewart.org and enter the password.
The password is displayed at the Admission Desk and the entrance to the exhibition.
- Choose your language preference, and click on the exhibition you are visiting.
- Put on your headphones and locate the numbers displayed in the exhibition to find your way around the microsite. You’re all set!
Beyond the microsite, our cultural mediators are available to answer your questions about the exhibitions. Don’t hesitate to speak with them!
- The Museum Boutique will be open. We ask that you avoid handling the products.
- Snacks will be sold at the Coffee Corner, but the coffee machine will be unavailable.
- Use of the cloakroom will be permitted.
- The collaborative space The Story Factory is temporarily closed.
After your visit to the Museum
- Help us improve the Museum experience by completing our short survey.
- Did you take any pictures while you were at the Museum? Share your best moments on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- You can also share your comments on Google or Tripadvisor!
The Museum staff is ready to offer a safe, pleasant, entertaining experience to all Montrealers!Learn more